Everyone is trying to find ways to save money, including ways to save on auto insurance. Factors like age, driving record and credit history can cause your insurance rates to skyrocket. The trick is to discover ways to decrease the annual payments. Here are five ways to lower your premiums:
- Increase your deductible. Instead of going for the lowest deductible, opt for a higher out of pocket payment plan. A deductible is the amount paid before the insurance coverage goes into effect. This will help to save on your periodic premiums, however be aware that if you need to make a claim, you will have to pay more to cover the initial expenses, before the insurance company can pay.
- Use a garage to house your vehicle. Another easy way to save is park your car in a garage. This could save you as much as 20% on your premium. By parking your car in a garage, the probability of it being stolen or hit is much lower. Parking in a garage could mean a difference between a preferred rate and a standard rate.
- Shop around. Shopping around for the best rates and coverages is always a good idea. As an independent agent, we can compare prices and coverages for many different carriers. We can help you figure out the best plan that fits your needs. Use our online rater to get a Memphis car insurance quote.
- Take a defensive driving course. Most people are unaware of this, but taking a state-approved defensive driving course can reduce your premiums, sometimes by up to 10%. Call us to see if you qualify.
- Reducing coverage. This is the easiest way to save money, however be sure that you do so with all the facts in mind. Call us to see if there is way to you could still be adequately covered.
Call or visit the nearest Morat Insurance Services location.
Morat Insurance Services
3942 Park Ave. (Park Ave @ Getwell Road)
Memphis, TN 38111
Location Map & Driving Directions - Office Hours